Our Free Estimate Policy
We offer FREE Estimates to eligible property owners who require quotes for projects or services in which they plan to hire for within 30 days. The Estimates we provide include fair market pricing based on materials, services and a budget that the property owner has specified. Pricing is subject to change after 30 days from the original date of submission. Our goal is to win your business and although we are not guaranteed to do so, we will incur overhead expenses to prepare every quote. Our policy and fees are designed to 1) ensure that those who are both eligible and ready to hire, benefit from our service by receiving a FREE detailed Estimate and 2) to help keep our overhead costs to a minimum which in return will allow us to keep our Estimates FREE of Charge.
1) To qualify for a FREE Estimate, you must be the principal owner and "currently" occupy the property where the estimate will be provided.
2) Non-property owners or occupants such as those who are;
a) Interested in purchasing a property or in the process of purchasing a property but have not yet settled at closing,
b) Tenants who are renting or occupying a space within the property OR
c) Landlords, Investors or Property Mgmt. companies, do not qualify for FREE Estimates and will be subject to an Upfront Estimate Deposit for each quote.
3) The deposit may be either waived or credited back to the final payment when we are contracted to complete your project.
1) Our FREE Estimates include those that we provide within a 30-mile radius of Five Star Quality Remodeling in Catonsville, Md.
2) Estimates that extend beyond our 30-mile radius will require an upfront Estimate Deposit.
3) Our Estimate Deposit(s) may be either waived or credited back to the final payment when we are contracted to complete your project.
1) Our FREE Estimates are limited to (1) per property owner(s) or household. Each additional quote will be subject to an Upfront Estimate Deposit
ITEMIZATIONS or COST BREAKDOWNS
1) We price our FREE Estimates to include (1) overall total for ALL work that is requested during the initial consultation.
2) If Itemized, Separate, Optional or any type of Cost Breakdown pricing is requested such as cost for; Labor vs. Material or Demolition, Framing, Electrical, Plumbing, Flooring, Painting or itemized Insurance claims, etc., etc. (prior to signing it into a contract), will be considered as "Itemized pricing or Separate costs" and will be subject to an upfront Estimate Deposit for each quote.
3) A request to modify an already submitted estimate (prior to signing it into a contract) will be considered as an additional estimate and will be subject to an additional deposit.
a) Most Estimates for Insurance claims require an Itemized cost breakdown, measurements, drawings and several communications between our company and the insurance company (prior to signing a contract with the property owner/occupant) and therefore will be subject to an upfront estimate deposit.
b) A request to modify an already "signed contract for an active project" will be referred to as a ~~Change Order~~ and no additional deposit will be required if the request is made within the specified timeline as stated on the contract. Otherwise, an additional deposit will be added to the cost of additional work.
SHOWROOM APPOINTMENTS, PROJECT DESIGNS or DRAWINGS (Prior to Signing a Contract)
1) A request to set up an appointment(s) with our supplier(s) to browse their material selection (Prior to signing a contract) will require an upfront Estimate Deposit which will be credited back to your job when we are contracted to complete your project.
2) A request for dimensions, material quantities, project designs or drawings (Prior to signing a contract) will require an upfront Estimate Deposit which will be credited back to your job when we are contracted to complete your project.
Note: An additional Estimate Deposit would NOT be required if you have already submitted a deposit for either request.
ESTIMATE DEPOSIT AMOUNT
1) Prior to submitting an estimate, Five Star Quality Remodeling will require an Upfront Deposit amount of $250.00 for each estimate where the above terms are applicable.
2) The Estimate Deposit(s) may be either waived or credited back to the final payment when we are contracted to complete your project.
ESTIMATE DEPOSIT vs. CONTRACT DEPOSIT
1) An Estimate Deposit and Contract Deposit are not the same.
a) Estimate Deposits; are funds that are required when the estimate requestor does not qualify for a FREE Estimate as described in the policy above.
b) Contract Deposits; are funds that are put forth as a down payment to retain our services for the work that is described in a signed contract.
2) Estimate Deposit(s) may be either waived or credited back to the final payment when we are contracted to complete your project.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
1) Acceptable forms of payment for Estimates Deposits are "cash", "check" or "credit card". Please note that an additional 3% will be added to each credit card transaction.
CREDITS and WAIVERS
1) Our $250.00 Estimate Deposit will be waived given a (signed contract with a 1/3rd deposit) that has a value which totals $2499.99 or less.
2) Our $250.00 Estimate Deposit will be credited back to a (signed contract with a 1/3rd deposit) that has a value which totals $2,500.00 or more.
3) A request to either combine or modify an estimate or contract will not qualify for a deposit waiver or credit.